Friday, September 23, 2011

1200 hurts the most

16-12-8-4 today. Can't figure out why I like this workout so much -- it hurts so freakin' bad. Like you get that completely done one more step and I'll faint/puke feeling FOUR SEPARATE TIMES in under 25 minutes. Awesome.

Run

1600 m = 6:56 (6:38, 6:57)
rest 3 min
1200 m = 5:23 (5:17, 5:34)
rest 2 min
800 m = 3:23 (3:59, 3:25)
rest 1 min
400 m = 1:35 (1:43, 1:36)

Total -- 23:17 (23:38, 23:32)

In parenthesis are the times from my last two attempts. The times for the individual runs vary from day to day, but my total time seems to be pretty consistent. Because I don't always do the same routes (but I always Googlemaps to plot a route in our grid-like neighbourhood), some of the variability could be chalked up to a few metres here and there.

At any rate, the 1200 metres is by far the biggest bitch of the bunch. Overunder will concur. The 800 feels like a total pussy after that. Relatively speaking.

I also did some back work at the park on the way home from nursery school: 2 x 5 inverted rows (straight legs this time); and 7 individual chin-ups. And a quote from Tim, to show off his sentence-making skills: "Do tin-up on munging bar like Mommy did."

(He was calling chin-ups "mommy up and down" until I taught him the word. He was all over it, but could only pull off a few L-seats.)

No comments: