You know when you're playing defense in the cup for a really long time and it's awesome and you finally force a turnover, then the handler fucks it up right away so you're back to the cup again and it hurts so much and you want to curse and kick someone in the nuts but you can't because you're exhausted and still playing D?
That's sort of what it's like running a fast mile after three weeks of black lung and a set of tabata squats.
Tabata squats: ouch.*
Mile: 7:34.
Plus two sets of knees-elevated push-ups: 10 and 8. (First try at this progression - a little harder than bench push-ups, as it should be.)
* I had no mechanism for actually timing the tabata, so I just relied on experience: did sets of 20, 19 and 18 reps as fast as I could, with just enough time off in between to mark the set number. It was accurate enough - my quads told me so. They actually yelled at me on those first few steps of the mile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
For a sec there I thought it was Daddy-o posting...
That's an excellent mile after all that quad burning.
i like those knee elevated push ups, you can feel how they work the tri's and abs.
welcome back.
For the record, I'm still suffering from the DOMS from this workout (and the following two days of frisbee games).
(In the legs, not the arms. Must do more push-ups. Perhaps Emma's P90X upper body workout? Though that might kill me altogether.)
Post a Comment