Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Fueled by candy

Not really. I was pretty good last night. The no-wheat thing eliminates my two favourites (KitKat and Coffee Crisp), so I may survive sugar week.

Outside again while the weather holds:

Warmed up with some lunging and skipping (the jump rope kind, not Dorothy from Kansas).

3 rounds of:
7/leg pistol squats (held rope wrapped around pole for balance)
10 low-bench push-ups

Then I did this one:

For 20 minutes:
Run 400 meters
Rest precisely the time of the previous run
= 6 runs, with only 15 seconds left in the 20 minutes.

I usually hit between 1:35 and 1:50 for the 400s. Today was a little slower, between 1:45 and 1:50 per run. (I guess the overall average speed wasn't too far off.) I wonder if the pistol squats had anything to do with that? Hmmm.

1 comment:

joseyposey said...

pistol squats are ridiculous - with or without support. i see you continue with those pushups.... I still can't graduate from the knees on bench.