so after my tough talk on Wednesday about my squats, I hurt my back getting ready for bed. for fucking realz. Short term, I'm taking squats, deadlifts, cleans, snatches, and presses out of the rotation (leaving bench & chins). Long term, squats and deadlifts may be out. Snatches preferred over cleans. I hope I'll be able to do front squats and sumo deadlifts. Also, maybe I can do 20 rep squats at some point. I'm kind of taking this seriously because I haven't done anything really silly with my technique in 2 1/2 years, I didn't lift at all for 5 months last year etc. On the plus side, two glasses of wine and a couple of ciders really loosened things up and it even feels better today (I don't get that but I'll take it).
yesterday -
bench: 5x5 up to 160
dips: 3,3
today -
chins:
10 9 sets of 4, 10th set for 3, 11th set of 2 for at total of 41.
then a bunch of curls in the squat rack.
No comments:
Post a Comment