Warmed up with 500 m row and Ken's bb routine (45 lb, 10 x dl, hang clean, sumo dl high-pull, squats, OH squat with a broom, presses).
Four rounds for time (ie: as quickly as possible with minimal breaks):
500 m row (2:07-8 min)
12 bench dips (feet up on the ball)
10/leg pistol squats (alternating legs after 5)
= er, around 22 minutes? I had some timer trouble. I'll have to do this again with a better system, as that number seems a bit high.
Cool down with an easy 500 m row.
My pistol squats are not yet free-standing. I use a band around a pole for balance, rather than holding the pole itself, to eliminate the possibility of hoisting my weight with something other than my leg. (A band broke on me today. That was fun.) Still, the effect of being able to keep myself upright even though I'm prone to falling back is a bit like using a smith machine for squats, right? I will keep working on form and strength until I can do these free-standing.
This was an intense little circuit that left both my arms and legs a little rubbery. To make it an outdoor workout, you could substitute two minutes of skipping or running.
Monday, November 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment