Thursday, November 10, 2011

Wow, that sucks. You guys are animals!

So we (yes *we*) did the crazy 400m thingies.

Using HK's post as inspiration:

For 20 minutes:
Run 400 meters
Rest precisely the time of the previous run
= 6 runs, with only 15 seconds left in the 20 minutes.

I usually hit between 1:35 and 1:50 for the 400s. Today was a little slower, between 1:45 and 1:50 per run. (I guess the overall average speed wasn't too far off.) I wonder if the pistol squats had anything to do with that? Hmmm.


One Q: do you include the last rest break?

So, I have 2 x 400m marked out (I think the second in the loop might be shorter) and we did:
1.41
1.33
1.41
1.37
1.43
1.47

If you include the last rest we were 20.30 and need to shave off 45 secs to rival HK. I despise this workout but will keep at it until I can give HK a run for her money so will no doubt be at it for a while!

Must add, this is the first time I have run since Aug pretty much! Except maybe 1 or 2 odd runs.

4 comments:

Ms. Hedda said...

No, I don't include the 6th rest. In other words, in my last workout I finished running 400 #6, and then got 15 seconds into the rest before the clock ran out. So I think that means you're actually 30 seconds ahead of my most recent time. :-)

joseyposey said...

amazing runs, Emma! so glad i am not chasing either of you on the ulti fields anymore :) though, secretly would like to come home and play alongside you instead.

joseyposey said...

oh, and yes they suck! but they kinda feel real good too, eh? (or hey, as the albertans say)

Emma said...

Yes, come home and play with us, Jo!

Btw - we were talking about you guys Saturday. What are your plans for new years? We're having our usual sit down, small plates, pot luck dinner. If you don't have plans and would like to join us let me know.