Yesterday the treadmill and I exchanged words. well, exchanged is not really accurate, but I sure gave it a piece of my mind (everytime I would gear up for a faster pace, it would shut down and I would lose my momentum - I quit after the third time). I finished with some ab work in my room.
crunches(feet in the air): 30 x 3 (love the way these feel both the stomach & back)
side crunches (feet in the air): 20,20 x 3
30 second V-sits x 3
Today, the treadmill cooperated. Warmed up with a 3k in 18mins then,
reverse twisting lunges: 10,10 x 5
bridges: 10 sec holds x 5
45lb goblet squats: 10 x 5
finished with a 4k run in 26 mins or so.
For fun, I tried barbell squats with 45lbs in each arm and did three. They felt all awkward with the barbells hanging out low to the ground (that's the way you're meant to do them right?) so I stopped for fear of hurting myself. But leads me to believe i may be starting my squat practice around 90lbs. OK, maybe not quite that heavy but certainly something to look forward to finding out!
Friday, May 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ooh, goblet squats again! I looked them up after you posted about them before; I must remember to try them sometime.
Everything is harder with dumbbells. You'll be in great shape to hit the squat rack when you get back. Are you able to get the dbs to your shoulders? That might be less awkward than the dangle...
The goblets are great, you really feel your lats and obliques working to stabilize your body.
I could get one db to my shoulder but not both ;)
Post a Comment