Monday, May 24, 2010

Ugh, barf.

With this heatwave, I think we are getting a sense of how Josey feels during her workouts.

As I did my workout, I toyed with possible titles for my post. At first, the title said something about "run", then I changed it to something highlighting "heat"... but finally settled on a more visceral description. The workout was extremely, er, taxing.

I did this before, at Easter. I think my total time is comparable, a few runs faster (the mile), one was slower (1200m), though I have a nagging feeling I misremembered the route on that one. Anyway (previous results in parentheses):

Run
1600 m = 6:56 (6:59)
rest 3 min
1200 m = 5:52 (5:46)
rest 2 min
800 m = 3:25 (3:29)
rest 1 min
400 m = 1:43 (1:47)

Total = 23:56 (24:01)

I'm not sure if 5 seconds total faster than last time is actually true... That tiny margin can certainly be attributed to human error. Nonetheless, given that the temperature was in the neighbourhood of 15 degrees hotter today than last time (plus beating sun and humidity), shall we give me the benefit of the doubt and call it an improvement?

Oh yeah, and I finished with 56 push-ups (in leisurely sets of 8) while Tim played naked in the backyard.

No comments: