Sunday, November 20, 2011

yesterday

snatch: worksets at 110. getting back in the groove
clean: worksets at 145.
bench: worked up to one set of 150
deadlift: 285x5. pr.

poker last night. woke up at 2.

3 comments:

Ms. Hedda said...

Worksets -- is that 5 sets of 5?

And "pr"?

I still can't believe you guys can do snatches. They seem so complicated. And dangerous.

daddy-o said...

no no no! I just did one top set (well, i did a few more cleans but I wasn't pushing it)

h - snatches are easy. same as clean except that your hands are about 4-6" further out on the bar. jump & pull at the same time, crouch to receive. try it with the empty bar and see if it's working. i find going with a broomstick doesn't feel right for the O lifts.

as for danger, i did knock my glasses in to my face bringing the bar down once. but only once.

Ms. Hedda said...

Okay. I'm going to try light-ish snatches then. Maybe as part of a circuit.

I'll have to bring the bar upstairs though... In the basement, I have to position myself carefully for presses or the wide parts of the bar (to say nothing of the small plates I very occasionally add) hit the ceiling beams.