managed to do some qi-qong exercises, a yoga class, and 10 minutes of meditation before waking my fella from his slumber with the smell of coffee. been feeling quite energetic today to boot. good because 400m are tonight, arghh. (someday we will aspire to the even run/rest but certainly not today).
yoga yesterday. and four days last week, with a 5km run on friday (cut short by the IT band but finished with long strided speed walking which felt like stretching with raised heartrate).
Tuesday, November 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I like how you are helping to raise the profile of "active lifestyle" here. It's important -- especially as we age. :-)
What is qi-gong?
i do yoga cuz it really helps settle my mind and open space (as hokey as that sounds) it certainly ain't helping my expanded waistline.... yet!
qi qong is the movement of life energy. an eastern practice (from the same family as tai chi with more focus on healing). It's meditation, combined with specific breathing techniques focused for each of the major organs in your body. The classes are fun - i am not as focused at home and tend to only practice the warmups (which are supposed to help boost your metabolism).
Back last spring when I did a half-dozen yoga classes, I found I suddenly had space in my brain. When I came home from a class, Ken would say I had my "yoga face" on. I suddenly got why people like yoga.
Why I have been putting off going to the classes I have already prepaid, I have no idea. Another winter project.
Post a Comment