I'm adding a new tag: "SOC". Stands for "Spirit of Crossfit". As in, inspired by a crossfit workout, is relatively short and potentially puke-inducing, but scaled down and altered to the degree that a mere mortal (such as myself) could actually complete it.
I did an SOC workout today. Based on Murph (and the "Smurph" title was already taken; I guess someone did one a few years ago), but I not only halved the number of reps, but also cheated on a few other levels.
Mile run (7:25, flat treadmill)
50 pull-ups (75 lb on the pull-up machine, and I even kipped a little)
100 push-ups (from the knees)
150 BW squats
Mile run (8 min and change)
(The middle part partitioned as 10 sets of 5, 10, 15.)
Total time, over 30 min (I forgot to stop the clock at the end!)
Question: On the pull-up machine, I assume the weight you set it at is the amount you offset from your bodyweight? If that's the case, I was doing 60 lb pull-ups. That's pathetic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I like the SOC. Someday I will get there. You guys are mad.
Post a Comment