Thursday, March 25, 2010

Heavy

Squats and presses. The heaviest I've done in years (if not ever, in the case of the presses). Nothing like what the boys do, but I was proud of myself. At least until I tweaked my back and had to bail on the rest of the work out (deadlifts and a quick run), as well as good humour and lifting my child.

In sum:

Squats - 115 x 7, 6, 5 (back tweak on last rep of 1st set)
Chin-up practice - semi-jumping 1+1+1+1+1; 3 eccentrics
Presses - 55 x 7, 65 x 5, 3 (+2 push presses), 45 x 10
Calf raises (seated) - 75 x 10, 10, 10ish (I wasn't paying too much attention, just killing time between press sets)

Then some single-leg hip raises, but the back was getting tighter and tighter. I was bent 45 degrees by the time I got home.

No comments: