With a new gym, and re-acquainted with all those old exercises that I used to do. Early morning, on too-little sleep, I got down to it:
Squats: 75 x 12, 85 x 12, 95 x 8, 8
DB presses: 20 lb dbs x 10, 8, 8 (or thereabouts)
Deadlifts: 95 x 6, 6, 6
"Jumping" chin-ups: 6 sets of 1
(I could just reach the bar on my tip-toes if I stood on a plate. That's where I jumped from for each chin-up, so it was really not quite a jumping chin-up, not quite a dead-hang.)
Running: Seven minutes - one minute at each of 5.5, 6.5, 7.5, 8.5, 8, 7, 6 mph
Birthday goals: Multiple consecutive chin-ups, sub-7 mile (er, at a 1% grade I guess).
Would a coupla 135 squats be too ambitious? It's 5.5 weeks away (for those who weren't already keeping track. ;-)
Saturday, March 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment