Thursday, May 29, 2008

This week...

Sunday was a day of (wine club) recovery. At about 5pm guilt or something got the better of me. I threw down a Cindy (20 minutes of reps of 5 pull ups, 10 push ups, 15 squats).

I managed 11 rounds, one better than the last time. Whoop! I'll admit that I sipped a rum and coke while doing it...but that's not the best part! When I was finished Ms Hedda had prepared a delish steak dinner with steamed chard and grilled mushrooms. H-E-A-V-E-N.

Monday and Tuesday were Frisbee games. Wind sprints really. I like.

Today was the 5k with a fast mile at lunch-ish time. Best time ?ever? Well, 3:50 on the first km, 6:13 on the mile (yay!) and then - Geezus didn't I neglect to hit the lap time button on the watch. I have no clue how long it took -the watch still said 10:03 at the end. F! me! It felt good though, fast, and I didn't stop after the mile, just slowed down, a lot, for a bit, then kept on truckin'. I am going to guess I did it in 22:10. It felt faster than 22:30, but really, who am I kidding. I'll never know.

Before showering afterward, a little lifting: shoulder press: 80lbs x 8, 6, 5 and Pull ups 3x 10reps.

2 comments:

Ms. Hedda said...

Who cares how long the 5K took - y ou got a PB on the mile! Yay!

daddy-o said...

whatever