Maybe I should come up with a complete series of "Housewife" workouts. The possibilities are likely numerous, though I need to work on my creativity. And also work-life balance.
At any rate, working from home today, I squeezed this in between conference calls:
Alternating sets of:
Chin-ups: 3, 3, 3, 1, 1
One-arm thrusters: 20 x 4 (15 lb db, 10 each arm. We apparently only own one dumbell.)
Finished with pushups: 17 regular, 8 girlie... on the grass, beside my garden. :-)
The new chin-up bar is taking some adjustment. The bar is noticeably thicker for my wee lady-fingers. And it's very high, so I have to start from the bottom. Using the squat rack, I hop up to the top, and lower myself into the first chin-up (thereby performing 1.5 chin-ups on the first rep, right?!), and I think there's some advantageous momentum doing it that way.
Strangely, I'm STILL nervous/anxious doing the chins, even in the privacy of my own back porch. I have no real explanation for this, other than the possibility that I still can't believe I can do it, and I go into every set with this impending sense of potential crash and burn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment