Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Mom, I love fitness!

Grumpy, grumpy baby today resulted in the need to integrate him into the workout. It wasn't the most killer workout, but it was better than nothing. And as creative as I could get after six hours of kid-management.

5 rounds:

25 squats with Tim (18 lbs)
20 push-ups, face-to-Tim's-belly (from the knees, for safety)
20 sit-ups on the ball

Finished with 10 Tim-raises (like a shoulder press, only with a narrower grip, hands under his armpits...) It was actually pretty hard after all those push-ups.

From the childcare perspective, this workout was highly successful -- Tim loved the squats and laughed uproariously as he grabbed my hair during the push-ups. (The sit-ups were more of a spectator sport and he freaked out before the last set, so I held him on my belly as best I could -- off the ball -- and reduced the reps to 10.)

I should also mention that I walked about forty-eight* kilometers with him in the stroller today, to keep him calm.


* Slight exaggeration.

1 comment:

daddy-o said...

i laughed very out loud to this. but i am quite drunk so it might not be all you (and tim)