My gym membership expires tomorrow. So I went in for one last hurrah. It was not the workout I planned; I got cock-blocked at every turn by skinny frat boys in gangsta hats. I made do.
Warm-up: easy 1000m row (5 min)
Squats: 105 x 7; 115 x 5, 6, 5
Chin-up grip pull-downs: 120 x 3, 2, 2 (plus super-slow final eccentric on each set)
Bench dips: 12, 12, 12
Back extensions: 12, 10, 10
Mile run: 7:22 min on a .5% grade. HR 187 after hitting the STOP! button. God I almost died. After 3 min jogging, HR was 133. After 3 more mins of walking, HR was 120. I have no idea if this is a good or bad recovery, but I was happy to not be dead.
Knee-tucks on the ball: 3 sets of 10
V-sit ball tosses (4 kg? the balls are unmarked): 40, 30, 30
Weighed in at 132. This continues the downward trajectory of post-partum weight-loss, and I can now safely say that I'm within the range of the not-so-mythical "pre-pregnancy weight".
The summer is over, and I've re-achieved the squat weight and surpassed the press weight I had a year ago. My abdominal strength and metabolic conditioning still needs work. And of course, going forward we'll see a new focus on ass workouts, thanks to Daddy'o's research on glutes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment