after the requisite rest that follows an 18km hike through/up the most beautiful mountain terrain I have yet to traipse across (daddy-o to post a few pics and elevation details) I was super stoked to get back to the weights. So stoked even, we turned down a mexican dinner invitation to hit the gym. Saying no to margaritas is a BIG deal to us glee'ers.
After a speedy bike ride home for warm up i did:
Bench: 75 x5,5,7
Squats: 80 x5,5,9
pulldowns: 60 x8x8x12
finisher: 5 rounds* of farmer's walk with 25lb plates per arm. time was 4:35.
*one round = walk ~10 metres, go up the stairs, walk ~10metres, go down the stairs
BTW - Those are some incredible miles being run in the national captial area! No wonder couple points are all the rage this summer :)
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow, that is dedication! (I typically bring my margarita with me to my workout...)
Are you working the pull-downs in prep for chins?!
how i long for an outdoor/backyard gym! and yup! plan to nail those chins by the end of august - sooner if the bodyweight offset decreases ;)
Excellent! When working towards chins, I found that slow-as-possible eccentrics (hanging from the chin-bar) were really helpful. They really kill your muscles though, so don't do too many in the first go!
G does those. I remeber them working for my pushups. I will finish pulldowns with these. thanks!
Post a Comment