Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A bad day for The Mile

I was still feeling a little queasy from the tropical disease that had me horizontal for most of the weekend, but decided to start my workout with The Mile anyway.

Then it started to rain. Really rain.

And I was using the iPod stopwatch, since I don't have a real watch. The iPod stopwatch which has a completely unpredictable algorithm for shutting off by itself. I think it's powered by my direct gaze.

So the official time for my first mile in many months is: 2:55.

I'm going to guess it was more like 7:40. (Hopefully that estimate will help to guarantee I post a better result next time.)

(For comparison's sake: 7:08 in Feb on the treadmill, and 6:57 in October on the road.)

After drying off and changing clothes, I finished with:

Squats - 95 lb x 7, 7, 7
Presses - 45 lb x 10, then with 20 lb dbs - 7, 7

And a few chin-ups. Not really in a row.

No comments: