Monday, January 28, 2013

Week two: check!

Last week I did manage to do my "workouts". Both with Ruby watching; once in my PJ's.

Wednesday:
4 sets of 12 thrusters
3 (or 4?) sets of 8 inverted bodyweight rows (ie: pull-up progression)

Thursday:
4 sets of 15 cleans (needed to up the weight, but the small plates were in the garage and it was minus one billion degrees outside)
3 sets of 10 push-up progessions (knees on the balls. Apparently this is progress from bench push-ups. Straight up push-ups are next, but I'm not ready...)
3 sets of 15 hip raises (no weight) *

* I've already got the minivan; don't need a saggy butt to complete my "soccer mom" look. Incidentally, I read this later in the day: "Pelvic Floor Party: Kegels are NOT invited." (Via Elsbeth V.) Share the link with your midwife when she bugs you about doing your kegels!

Also, my New Year's diet is going well, and I'm back into two of my three pairs of skinny jeans. Diet is very basic: "Only one treat per day. More or less." (Oprah beer counts as a treat. Harsh, I know.)

No comments: