Tuesday, April 6, 2010

not your primary school burpees

I was feeling a little agitated all morning. Not sure if it was due to the extra cup of extra strong coffee, being couped up in the hotel compound or the utter anticipation *dread* of today's (Daddy-O inspired) WOD.

10 burpees, 800m run x 5 - 36 mins give or take*

*I turned off the watch at one point to find something for my knees during the pushup part of the burpees, as the mini towel wan't cutting it on the tiled floor. The burpees were HELL. I concentrated on form rather than time (those darn cross fit demo's) and I still had trouble making it look good. I vow to work on getting these down, and through 10 without stopping to regain my momentum.

On another note - Happy Birthday to Mini Mac! And 'birth'day anniversary to mom. I say mini mac, although I snuck a peak as ms hedda's other blog and he seems to be a full on combo. Lucky little man.

1 comment:

Ms. Hedda said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes. :-)

So, we've followed your lead and also done burpees... and everyone seems to have great things to say about them ("HELL", "SUCK", and "suck", so far). You know what would be the worst workout ever? Sets of burpees paired with Turkish get-ups.