Sunday, April 4, 2010

Working for Strength

warm up: 2km (14:40)

one arm shoulder press: 5k x10, 7.5k x10, 10. finishers 5k x 20 to help get the weight up faster
chest: 18k x10, 22.5k x10, 10, 27.5k x 5 (much grunting)
lat pulldowns: 13.5k x10, 18k x10, 10, 22.5k x 5
max squats: 40k (20 in each hand) x 3 - I felt like I might really hurt myself if I kept going. Will have to revert to seated leg press until I am strong enough to carry these weights. Or one leg at a time?

In between (long rests) I did 20 crunches, 10 second holds, 15 finishers x 6

cool down: 11km bike (20 mins)

Happy Easter all! Enjoy your yummy meals with the families! Yesterday, I found some green curry paste, tofu and some decent fresh veggies (to be steamed to be safe) and a bottle of South African Chardonnay! Dining will not be the problem I had anticipated :) and with skype, the fam will be in my living room for dessert.

2 comments:

Ms. Hedda said...

You and your crazy metric system! ;-) Nice work getting creative with the limited resources.

Squats with dumbbells - ouch! Ken would counsel you to work on one-legged squats (pistol squats). They are a very sexy exercise. (Figures I can't do 'em!)

Happy Easter!

joseyposey said...

Don't worry, I can't do them either. Used to try something similar in yoga, though i don't suspect the yogis called them pistols.

I'll ponder doing the math, just to fully hop on the bandwagon i've been running, err walking, along side.