Friday, April 9, 2010

lathered in spf 50 & no place to go

I got stood up today. By the time I cared to do anything about it, I felt more like a dip in the pool than a run on the treadmill. So, from the Crossfit Endurance WOD (minus the anaerobic Endurance & Strength WOD - common' it was supposed to be an *easy* cardio day).

1 Minute Ladder - All out effort
1 min on, 1 min off, 1 min on, 50 sec off, 1 min on, 40 sec off, you get the idea, and then back up until you end up back at 50 sec off, 1 min on.

I was consistent at 5ometres a round. Hard in a 10 metre pool but who am I to complain, it's +30 daily and I have a pool. And a bar. But those are different chinups.

2 comments:

Ms. Hedda said...

I didn't even know about xfit endurance until Daddy-O mentioned it. Glad you've delved in!

How are are you feeling after a few weeks of hitting the weights, etc?

joseyposey said...

I really like the endurance for the swim. A ten metre pool means too many change of directions to enjoy a long swim. I find you lose you rhythm, and fast.

The training has been fun, and really the only thing keeping me sane. The hardest thing is trying to fuel up - finding the right foods (for a non-dairy veg) is not all that easy here. I'm sadly lacking good protein. So, as I have been told I will see my quickest improvements of my training in the early days, I take this with a grain of salt.

I figure I'll be in a good groove by the time I get home.

Oh, and love sharing progress stories with GC!