Friday, April 18, 2008

shot at redemption

Well, I did some chin-ups. It was 3 sets of max-reps day.
10, 5, 4.
A couple of hours later I went back to the gym and hit the dreadmill. On Wednesday, I had fully intended to do 6 reps of 400m at 8.6 mph (1:45 400's). I crapped out after 4 reps.
Today I did 400m x 6 @ 9mph (1:40 400's) with 90s rest between (Max Heart Rate hit 188 on the last rep). Much better but not nearly enough to be a full member of the Glee Club when I look at their metabolic conditioning work of late. Tomorrow is squats, presses, and deadlifts (with a couple of sets of power cleans after the deadlift "warm up"). I will also try to add a set of max rep squats as a finisher.

2 comments:

Overunder said...

daddy-o, 6 x 400 @ 9mph is hardly NOT glee club membership credential. That is punishing and then some. Nice work. Your next workout sounds like its gonna hurt. YAY! Those finishers: they have crippled me today.

Ms. Hedda said...

Daddy's back! You prolly did those 400's at 2% too, didn't you?

This whole "1/4 mile interval" thing was your idea and I've been chasing and cursing you ever since.