Thursday, April 24, 2008

Typing now possible (3 hours later)

Work today was a brand new kind of hell. Workout got squeezed to the final moment of the day, so I had to amend it so I didn't miss my ride across the river.

Baby Angie:

75 chin-ups (or chin-up-type movement)
75 push ups
75 sit-ups
75 squats (45 lb)

Breakdown:

Chins -- 5 body weight, 5 with a single toe on the bar (chins done on the squat rack), with breaks; switched to the lat pull cable for "chins" starting at 100. Whenever I couldn't do 5 in a row, I dropped the weight. last 15 at 60 lbs. Rapid weight-dropping caused mainly by forearm/grip issues.

Push-ups: 10 regular, 10 girly, then in sets of 10 up to 50. Toasted and time-constrained -- moved onto sit-ups.

Sit-ups: 3 sets of 25. (feet braced)

Push-ups: 25 girlies.

Squats: 3 sets of 25.

27 minutes.

If I wasn't time-boxed by the end of the day pick-up, I could have done the full 100 of girlie push-ups, sit-ups, 45 lb squats (and would've maintained the order). Chins on the other hand... my forearms were so engorged I thought they were gonna split their seams. I could've kept going at 80, but I couldn't hold the bar. My hands totally failed. The push-ups felt really good afterward: great forearm stretch. My wrists didn't even notice.

No comments: