This morning had to include the strength workout from the weekend because of the aftermath of the birthday party rendering me immobile yesterday. As Dean Martin said, "I pity people that don't drink, 'cause when they wake up? That's the best they're gonna feel all day".
squats: 215x5, x2, x2. Short of my best by 10lbs but I think I was thrown off by doing this at work in front of a mirror and seeing how awful my form is. It's amazing my back has not snapped in half. I will drop the weight and improve this.
press: 95x5, x3, 1.
deadlift: 270x3. New pb. My grip failing continues to be the weak link here.
power cleans: 130x2, x3, x2. New pb.
finisher: front squats - 45x40.
<some time later>
chins: BW+20lbs x 3, x3, x1.
Monday, April 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Weighted chins! Yee haw. Nice string of pb's too - feel good?
Now, are you running a test against the Birthday Goals tomorrow?
no plans to do the baseline tests as that will throw off the workout schedule and I want to make gains after my pain-in-the-neck hiatus. At least I made my goal with the deadlifts. We'll see if I can make the others by May 22.
Post a Comment