And then tried it out! That was a bit like inventing a hand grenade, then pulling the pin.
First off, it is HOT out! Water would have been a great thing to have on hand.
Anyway, the goal:
5K run with 3 sets of 20 burpees thrown down and a mile run for time halfway-ish trhough. All for time.
And the result:
Well, I was happy to finish. I had to split Burpee sessions 2 and 3 up into 10 x 10 and 10 x 5 x 5 sets respectively, and there was necessary resting so I managed a pretty poor 30:24. I will let this little visual aid say the rest:

It just never felt like I had power behind my stride, or deeper breaths to take, or anywhere to dig deeper. But I did push through and past the hard stuff. But my question, always is this: is that hard stuff actually hard?
3 comments:
I can’t believe you did a timed mile AND the burpees within a 5K!! When I suggested the burpees, I meant instead of an embedded mile, not in addition to it.
Yah stamina.
yeah, that hard stuff is frikkin hard. You are crazy. How were the burpees? I might try the 100 burpee challenge (umm, not today, and it's 100 burpees in as little time as you can).
Burpees suck. Thery slowly drain the life out of you while stealing every last breath in your lungs. They are like the gypsies of exercises. Nothing against gypsies.
Post a Comment