It was such a warm day I was tempted to do a run, but discovered while backpacking Tim to school that the streets were deceptively slippery (jeez, I hate to think which of us would get more injured in THAT accident!)
So, down to the basement:
5 min warm-up row
22 min plyos and air-boxing. Details:
Three rounds. Each round = 2 sets (4 plyo exercises/20 reps each) + 100 reps jabs/cross-cuts/uppercuts with 2 lb dbs in each hand.
(Plyo exercise is something like jump squats, jump split squats, tuck jumps, jack squats, swing kicks, etc. 12 different moves in total.)
Napped this afternoon.
Also enjoyed an unexpected workout on Wednesday. Beautiful winter day, so Tim and I went for a walk in the woods. I pulled him in the sled twice around a 1.3 km loop, but had to "do" the 100m hill about 6 times. This involved running as fast as I could alongside the sled (half pulling, half guiding it) down the not-quite-steep-enough-for-tobogganning hill, while Tim giggled maniacally (which is better than Eminem for making you go fast). Then haul the sled back to the top to do it again. So, that's about 6 x 100m at a fast run/slow sprint pace, plus pulling the kid back up the hill. :-)
Friday, February 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment