Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Midweek roundup

Weekend: shoveling, 3x10 incline push-ups (yes, that is 70 fewer than Overunder's tally), frisbee.

I was so tired at frisbee after wine club on Saturday night that for most points I found myself running in the wrong direction, or playing D when I should've been cutting. And that was with a relatively reasonable 2 am pillow time and NO hangover!

Monday:

5 min warm-up row

5 rounds:
6 deadlifts - 115 lbs
5 push-ups (hands on the deadlift bar with 35 lb plates)
15 russian twists - 15 lb dumbbell

5 min cool-down row

Lots of climbing on the ropes at the playground to keep warm, with lots some cheater chin-ups (see chin-up progression #3). I figure if I do 3x3 of these regularly as I gain weight, I'll eventually be pulling an extra 40 pounds, and will kill real chin-ups come next October.

Tuesday

5 rounds:
2:10 min hard row
12 thrusters - 45 lbs
(19:20 min)

Then:
3 x 30 v-sit ball toss (3 kg ball)
3 x 7 inverted rows

No extras. Three days straight of "vigorous" movement knocks me out. Yay two days of rest before Friday's squats.

No comments: