tried to do some metcon with the following constraint: don't re-injure my back. This means not doing: push-ups, squats, presses, deadlifts, cleans, burpees.
This left dips and chins. (I'm open to suggestions for the next couple of weeks. I want to avoid planks and hard core low back stuff.)
50 dips: 12:39
rested a while
50 chins: 19:30 (these weren't kipping, nor were they dead hang, they were the knees to chest variety)
I found that I couldn't do enough before muscle fatigue to get to general fatigue. Oh, I mean it was a good workout but I wasn't pounding my heart rate through the roof. These were mostly done in sets of 5 until I couldn't do that anymore (which was after the first set with the chins ;-) )
calves: (which were still tight a bit from the run the night before)
anterior w/ white bar: 15
straight leg eccentric: 15
bent leg eccentric: 15
farmer's walk:
two 70# db's, 6 reps on the minute. A rep is a spin around the gym (takes about 20s).
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"Knees to chest variety." :-) The only kind I ever do. Er, did. I guess I'm out of the chin club right now. Must get on that!
Post a Comment