Saturday, May 2, 2009

A long road ahead

Back to the gym for the first time in a month. More than a month. I imposed a 30 minute limit on the workout, theoretically so I could get home in a reasonable time to feed the baby. It was a good thing I had a limit, because if I'd done more, I think I'd be toast tomorrow. I may be anyway. Because I'm feeling a bit shakey now, even though I just ran through some basics. To, you know, take some new baseline measurements.

Squats: 45 x 15, 65 x 11, 75 x 8, 7
Presses: 45 x 15, 50 x 8, 55 x 5, 5
Lat-pull/chin-up grip: (standing) 105 x 8, 120 x 6, (seated) 120 x 2, 2
Calf press (seated): 200 x 15, 15, 15
Plank (on utility ball): 45 sec
V-sit ball tosses: 30 (not sure the ball weight, maybe 4 kg?)

That is all.

(A few days ago, I also did some trial chin-ups -- at which I failed, but did some eccentrics that killed my arms -- and some walking lunges (30 + 30), which totally extended the DOMS I got from my previous BW squat workout. I have a long road ahead!)

No comments: