was well worth cutting last night's run short (I felt like I had another 5k in me - a taste of spring fever I expect). Her conversational responses are just as affective as her written words. And she is lovely, brilliant, and generous to boot.
oh yeah, my run
7.5km - 43:14
and my arms felt great. Am rather curious to know what a ball slam is, might be enough to get me into some of this crossfit business you all post on about :)
A wonderful lunch time yoga class today. Once again, leaving me with the feeling that I can do anything... including, quitting my job. tomorrow.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ball slams are so great - especially if you're feeling frustrated or have a ton of energy. Take a weighted ball - 10 lbs or so, raise it to about face level and then slam it into the ground with all your strength, focusing on using your shoulders, back and hips to drive it into the ground. Catch the ball and repeat.
Alternative method is to hold the ball at waist level, and slam it repeatedly to the ground (so it bounces back to hand-height), as hard and fast as you can, focusing on using your shoulders and core for power.
Post a Comment