Saturday, January 10, 2009

Friday push fest

After work at the Squat Rack Grill:
5x5x5x5x5 back squats: Warmed up with 10 x 45, 5 x 155, 5 x 175 then 5 reps each of 225, 245, 255, 265, 275. The last two sets were troublesome and I did not go as low as I would have wanted (just parallel at best). Finishers were 15 x 155lbs all the way down as punishment. I'll work on form before adding anymore weight.

Also did 7 singles of push press: 95, 105, 105, 110, 105, 105, 105. Practiced my power clean movement as I did these. I want to do more PC's and want to nail the technique

I like coupling these two exercises like this.

Also, went for a great, cozy meal of BEEF TENDERLOIN, among other delectable, at l'Echelle de Jacob, a gem of an eatery Ms. Hedda found.

No comments: