Squats and 400's today. I used the straight route with the risk of traffic interruption. No traffic today, but there were a couple of loose dogs that were runner-curious. First time past, I squealed (literally) to a halt as the hip-high shepherd-arctic dog (wolf?) mix trotted right up to me. Just a sniff. By the third time past I was confident that the dogs were friendly (the rottie-mix really just looked on) -- but why the eff weren't they tied up? Seriously, the buddies were just hanging loose and alone on their yard. (Forgive me, my neighhourhood has a higher-than-average percentage of pitbulls owned by people with lower-than-average IQ's. I have been chased. I have fear.)
Anyway. I only lost a few seconds to my fear of dogs-on-the-loose. It was this old crossfit stand-by:
5 rounds for time:
50 squats
Run 400 m
= 14:48 minutes.
Gah. I was sure I'd beaten my previous time. But no. A few seconds shy. Damn dogs.
Actually, I did this one accidentally backwards, starting with the run. Oops.
And finished with 3 x 10 push-ups, hands elevated on a low step - about 6 or 8 inches? Ten was about the max I could do in one set. (By comparison of difficulty, I can do about five full push-ups in one set, and about 25 knee push-ups in a set.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment