Friday, December 2, 2011

Prime day for a run

It seemed so beautiful out when I walked Tim to school this morning that I couldn't resist a run outside. I ended up with wet feet and cold ears. Ah well. It wasn't so bad, and I'd have gone further if I didn't have stuff to do (hosting book club here tonight: The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie. Book club and wine club always seem to land on the same weekend!)

Anyway, it was an easy 5K (30 minutes), with 120 (slippery and precarious) walking lunges -- in sets of 20 with a few steps of rest between each.

If the snow keeps coming, my trails will be impassable -- for running shoes, anyway. In actuality, my Gatineau Park running trails will be transformed into ski trails. Maybe I should ask for x-country skis for x-mas? Or snowshoes?

1 comment:

joseyposey said...

ask for both! we are planning to do some skiing this winter, it is an amazing work out. You sweat like mad. And you giggle everytime you fall in the snow. SO So fun! And you have the gatineau parkway right there - they close the loop to cars and groom it for skiiers. And there are backwood paths that take you to huts where you can stop and have a picnic (wine) inside before heading back. Fantastique!

My parents have snow shoes, so if Ottawa is significantly burried, we can head out for a forest hike (you can demo before committing) while G and K entertain child and prepare dinner....