Monday, June 7, 2010

No blood but there was sweat and tears

After a brutal end to last week (sick, frustrations mounting, and much disappointment) I decided to take it to the mat - and leave it all there. Found a challenging yoga class on saturday morning, on an outdoor patio facing the ocean no less. What was particularly pleasing to me, was my noticeable improvement on poses and movements which involved arm and core strength. I even managed to hold crow pose for a good 20 seconds.


On sunday I decided to try out the brutal crossfit the lovebirds did a couple of weeks back:

-21 right handed Turkish get ups (11lbs for the first 10, but had to switch to 5.5lbs as couldn't hold the weight up anymore and i knew my wimpy left shoulder wouldn't finish the workout at that weight)
-50 DB swings (22 lbs)
-21 Left handed overhead squats (11lbs - holy hard to keep good form)
-50 DB swings
-21 right handed overhead squats
-50 DB swings
-21 left handed Turkish get ups (tried to start with 11 but I was correct - I managed 3 and I was done, even with the 5.5 i was doing sets of 3)

total time 17:32.

Today, a 5k run with determination. Done in 28:35.

oh, and 100 situps. in sets of 20.

1 comment:

Overunder said...

Josey you are on fire. Those workouts rock.