Monday, December 14, 2009

Damned dogs

Past couple weeks have been 2-workout weeks. Boo! Renewed effort is required to get through the holiday season.

So, today:

Squat tabata (with 10 lbs)

Hang clean + push press (65 lb) - 6, 5, 5, 6

20 minutes of "beginner" yoga. Indeed. I used a DVD we gave Constance last year for Christmas. (From which I removed the shrink-wrap.)

Guess which part was the hardest? Let's just say that I didn't quit the yoga because Tim woke up. Had to start skipping the downward dogs partway through. (I assume that if you're flexible enough you can achieve a certain... balance... in that pose so that you're not holding all your weight on your arms. And that's partway through the mere 20 minutes I lasted (I assume the whole thing continued a lot longer). Also, I need a yoga mat. I ended up with white fluff EVERYWHERE. Who's the wiseguy who thought a white shag rug in the living room was a good idea? The guy who's getting me a yoga mat for Christmas, that's who.

No comments: