Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Back at it ... again.

Okay, after two weeks off we're getting back to routine. Tim was excited all weekend to go back to "gool", and I was excited for my workout, especially after watching all those truly elite athlete play out CUC finals on Sunday. Facing activity after so long an absence is intimidating, so I fell back on my usual "spring-board" workout:

5 rounds for time:

50 squats
Run 400 m
= 16:15

(Last time: 16:50. Apparently two weeks isn't a career-ending break.)

Finished with 2 x 10 push-ups, and a little later in the park on the way home from school, 2 x 10 bench dips.

Today, walking around the market for two hours with a 35 lb* child on my back. Frisbee tonight - first game in three weeks.

*Estimate only. We skipped the two year check-up. Kid is so damned healthy and I'm on the lazy side. We measured Tim's height recently though, and if the theories are correct, he's on track to top out at 6'2". (He's grown 4 inches since January.)

No comments: