Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Yoga may change my life.

I just got back from a hot yin yoga class. I don't think one should be allowed to drive after yoga. (Not this kind of yoga, anyway.) Zen, I guess, is the word to describe my state right now. (Helps that the first thing I did upon arriving home was drink a glass of wine.)

After years of thinking I should probably get on the yoga bandwagon, and months of postponing an actual promise to myself, I finally went to a yoga class. It was a slow-stretchy kind of thing, where we avoided using muscles and focused on just stretching, holding each pose for five (5!) minutes. It was hard. It was awesome.

I signed up a first month of unlimited classes, so I must go at least four more times...Just enough to develop a habit, methinks. But I'm pretty excited about the possibilities of this yoga thing, and the biggest barrier -- jumping into a completely unfamiliar scenario -- has been breached. I'm good to go.

I will touch my toes! I will! I will!

No comments: