Thursday, January 13, 2011

Playing around

I think about what I'm going to do at the gym either late the night before a planned visit, or in the morning on my way out the door. Trouble is, I'm pretty much braindead at both of these times. So this week I've been relying on Overunder to design my workouts for me. I write down whatever he says, put the scrap of paper in my pocket, and off I go.

Today was:
Bench press: 70 lb x 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, superset with
Bench hops - 30, 30, 30 (hands on bench, two-footed hop over the bench from side to side)

"Knees-to-elbows" (best effort - I can get about as far as my elbows with a little controlled kipping) - 5 sets of 5; superset with
Squats - 95 lb x 4 sets of 5

Power cleans - just playing around with a 50 lb barbell. I did about 15 or so, fast and slow, just getting the feel of the movement.

Running - Two sets of: jog 200m/run 800m (at 13 kmph). I'll add a third set next week.

No comments: