Friday, September 5, 2008

Today's menu...

Workout and steak.

At the gym;

2 x 18 back extensions
2 x 15 front extensions (When I do these I am conscientious that my 'unit' is 'profiled' through my shorts. Not much I can do about it, save for bondage. Anyway, why the hell did I call it a 'unit'? Well, this summer at Gender Blender, on the drunken carnival that is Friday night, at 2 or 3 am, a fella I know named Jake was playing Family Feud. I $hit you not. It was at a camp site, with a full set with scoreboard, theme music, MC and everything, and his family's question was "another word for penis" Well, with dick and balls out of the way , Jake's turn came and he, ever the comedian, drawled into the microphone , "Uhhhhhh, I'm going to have to go with UNIT," which made me HOWL. "Survey says! Mehhhhhhhhhhhh." No dice! I was watching from the vantage point of semi stupor, which is among the best vantage points from which to view such scenes.)

Anyway...

Squats; 235 lbs x 7, 6, 5, (I am going to call it a PB as I went to parallel every time I think)
Finisher squats; 145 x 17 (ATG)
Bicep curlys; Standing, 30 lbs DBs x 8l8r, 7l7r-6l6r
Deadlifts; 8 x 235 (PB- failed grip and sweaty palms did not allow for more sets).
Farmer's walk; 45 lb plates in each hand, 48 steps x 2, 96 steps x 2, 144 steps x 2. Hard on the shoulders. I could NOT imagine having to carry a young Holstein or somethin'...

Tonight (1 hour ago); One huge Bavette de Boeuf on the BBQ, green beans sauteed in sesame oil, soy and orange, St. Agur (blue) cheese, a 2003 Riocha (gift from lovely). Side of bliss.


2 comments:

Ms. Hedda said...

Conscientious? I think (hope!) you mean "conscious". As in "self-...". ;-)

Overunder said...

I did...