Thursday, September 4, 2008

Homestyle, take 2

Added a 35 lb plate to the gymless workout today.

Hang clean and press: 45 x 12, 12, 8, 7, 7
Single-leg calf press: 165* x 8, 9, 9 (each leg)
Walking lunges: 50, 30, 30
Bent-over barbell rows: 45 x 10, 10, 10

* 35 lb plate plus my bodyweight. I think this exercise doubles as a variation of the farmer's walk, because it was so darn hard to hold the plate (tucked under my arm, schoolbook style).

I considered holding the plate on my head for the walking lungs, but the hole in the middle was uncomfortable on my tender pate.

For the rows, I bent over the railing of the porch and rested my chest (well, just below my chest) on the rail for support. I am so creative.

Interesting aside: Weighed in a the doctor's office yesterday, and it turns out I've lost a few pounds since I was there in mid-July. This is unexpected (though it could have just been the day.) Theories: the bulk of winter/spring weight training finally worked off through ultimate (3 tournies including nationals, plus an extra practice a week since then); or, my complete avoidance of alcoholic beverages since July 6. (My diet has been relatively stable, though I've possibly been eating a little more this last month).

No comments: