Today, my husband showed his support of my training completely literally: he was my squat rack. Our borrowed rack isn't set up yet, and I was itching to go over 100, but it wasn't a good time to go to the gym. So he cleaned 105 lbs and plopped it on my back. Apparently, this service will be good up to 135 lbs. I assume we'll have the rack set up by that time. :-)
Anyway, I did squat at 105 x 5, 5, 5, and followed it up with a 5K in 30.
And some presses - 45 x 13, 9; 55 x 4.
So. It would seem I'm getting back into action. The next thing to do is to set some goals. For the time being (say, now until Christmas), mine will be more regimen- than performance-oriented. I've been able to be active this summer thanks to McPie's support -- taking the baby so I can go to the gym, frisbee, a run, etc. But he goes back to work next week, so the hardest thing will be to simply DO a workout, whatever it may be. So, I'm proposing this:
- Four workouts a week.
- I'm letting my gym membership lapse; workouts will be home-based, with the bonus of Daddy-O's equipment.
- Weekly regimen to consist of 2 weight workouts, and 2 runs (a shorter and a longer). Possibly 3 weights and one run.
Runs? you ask. With the chaos of the last few months, pleasant though it is, I've been craving the meditative nature of the jog. I've enjoyed a few lately. I want to do them again. Plus, it's something that Mini can potentially participate in.
I'll re-evaluate at Christmas to see how realistic I've been, how much progress I'm making, and at that point I'll get more specific about objectives. I also need to keep in mind that Nats are in Sherbrooke next summer, and I need to be in the right shape to pick up with a non-practicing team. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment