Nats was. First game, early in the second half I went up for a D and landed all wrong. My knee sleeve, which was apparently ill adjusted, failed to hold my patella in place and I went down to the sweet sound of a giant knuckle cracking and popping. Awesome. I made the D and the continue pass though. Yay me. Carried off and out for the rest of the tourney, I was happy to cheer my teammates on, as long as they did not do anything stupid. Let me just say there was some stupidity and the bile is still high in my throat as a result.
So, overcoming the disappointment of so much preparation and tuning and envisioning has been a challenge, but I have found some solace in the details of the short game I did play. Here they are, with no apology for blowing my own horn:
I was fast and always open on O.
On D my mark got the frisbee only 3 times.
I made 3 D's (2 skies and a run through on which I scored afterward)
I caught the first point of the game (tourney), a jumpball for a hammer in a crowd.
I scored 3 other points (our total was 10 in that game). Only 2 were scored after I went out.
Based on this, I would like to think that I would have helped my very short benched team in some of the close games we did have.
So, this big disappointment just inspires me (I think drives might be a more appropriate word here) to prepare harder for next year. It won't prevent this type of injury from happening, but it will provide a nice sink for my anger.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yah no apologies. :-)
The team definitely would've come up on the positive of some of those squeakers if you were in the game.
Post a Comment