Tuesday, November 4, 2008

popping my blogging cherry

Inspired by the likes of my fellow bloggers (thanks for having me and sharing your motivation :), I was jazzed to try my first crossfit routine. Referring to the website, I was not surprised to see Tuesday listed as a rest day. So a peak back to Monday, listed "run 800m, 50 back extensions, 50 sit-ups 3x for time". Ick - back extensions require going to the gym (no?) which is exactly what I was trying to avoid, having ducked out early on a 20C sunny November afternoon. So I made up my own...

Run for 15-20 minutes *
50 sit-ups, 25 push-ups (girly)
repeat four times

totals
1:21:11, 12kms, 200 sit-ups, 100 push-ups

And my running intervals felt surprisingly good after each brief 'rest' period.

*loosely timed depending on when I could find dryish terrain in the don valley.

Power Song - New Goodbye by Hey Rosetta!
came blasting through the earphones just as I was climbing my way out of the valley for home. awesome.

by the way, congratulations h&k!

1 comment:

Ms. Hedda said...

Welcome, girlfriend. And thank you for including your inspiring workout tune to the report (seriously, I think it's an important part of the sharing).

Hope you get a chance to explore more information on the crossfit site - the videos are pretty inspiring.

Once the winter winds begin to blow, you might be less tempted to venture outside for long runs... I encourage you to embrace the short, intense intervals (and the fast mile!) You'll never go back. :-)