While the mice are away, the cat will play... Found myself all alone on a Sunday afternoon, so I pulled out this WOD, scaled from 95 to 45:
As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:
45 pound thruster, 5 reps
45 pound hang powercleans, 7 reps
45 pound sumo deadlift high-pull, 10 reps
My result: 13 rounds + 5 thruster & 6 cleans
If I'd streamlined my set-up prior to starting (rather than setting up and then fine-tuning a place to put the bar partway through), I'd have had time to finish round #14.
I didn't expect the gating factor to be my grip. After having to segment the SDHP's, I figured out the trick was to power through them as fast as possible to minimize the time I spent holding the bar. The weight was no problem as long as I pushed from the hips.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hahaha. i was at the gym on wednesday and some dude was doing this strange combination of exercises. now i know why!! i must have come at the end because he was moving pretty slow.
Funny! Ken's out there now doing that strange combo... :-)
Post a Comment