Thursday, September 2, 2010

Damn the morning

I've been trying to get to the gym all week, but every morning it's so early and I seem to only have enough energy to drag myself down to the coffee room (aka "kitchen"), and I get no further. I had a burst of energy this morning thanks to my fella taking care of the night's wake-ups, so off I went with this circuit tucked under my arm (also thanks to my fella, who devised it on the spot from bed where Tim and I had descended upon him at 6:58 am):

20, 16, 12, 8 reps of:

95 lb squats
18" box jumps
push-ups
sit-ups

In about 16 minutes. I never have a watch - have to go by the clock on the wall.

Then I finished with a few eccentric pull-ups (let-downs?), and 3x400 m (9 mph each, with 1/10 mile recovery in between).

And home for coffee. Sweet, sweet lattés.

No comments: