Friday, July 2, 2010

Two-fer



I get a workout, he gets a nap.

We've been going for stroller-runs occasionally -- I haven't posted them all as workouts, much like I don't post about frisbee games. They're gonna be just something I do when I either can't fit in another kind of workout, or when I need something to do with the kidlet.

The details: I usually go for about 45 minutes, and estimate that I cover about 6 km. I use the trails in the park, so it's hard-going on all the hills, but I do my best to run them even if it's very slow. It's still pretty awkward running with the stroller, but I'm getting better at it. It's a great leg workout (those hills, especially!), and incorporates the core and upper body a bit more than regular jogging.

I'm going to start aiming to add time/distance to these runs.

Meantime... While my compadres are arriving in Prague, I'm going to try to get to the gym in the morning and squeeze in a workout before wine club. Hopefully the young fella is amenable.

No comments: