Thursday, July 15, 2010

Uphill, downhill, win, lose, barf

Today's crossfit:

For 20 minutes:
Run 400 meters
Rest precisely the time of the previous run

I completed 6 rounds, then had about 20 seconds left for more running. Which I filled with running. Then I stopped. And heaved. And panted.

I had mapped a 400 m straight stretch of quiet street. It's on a slight incline, though, so runs 1, 3, and 5 were easier and several seconds faster than 2, 4 and 6. I was tempted to cheat on the final rest in order to fit in a 7th round, but my morals and also will to live over-ruled.

This workout has a win-lose psychology that entertained me throughout: the faster I run, the less time I get to rest. The more time I have to rest, though, the (potentially) faster I can run the next round... leaving me with less time to rest.

My times were fairly consistent though (between 1:32 - 1:41), so my mental gymnastics were moot. But it was really hot out, and I did want to think about that.

I notice on the crossfit website that 6 rounds was a very common result from those commenting geeks. Yay me.

No comments: