Friday, June 27, 2008

Friday fightclub

Good thing there was nobody else in the gym today, or they'd have been sprayed by my sweat.

"Fight Gone Bad"

Crossfit Rx:
Three rounds of:
Wall-ball, 20 pound ball, 10 ft target (Reps)
Sumo deadlift high-pull, 75 pounds (Reps)
Box Jump, 20" box (Reps)
Push-press, 75 pounds (Reps)
Row (Calories)

Move from each of the five stations after a minute.The clock does not reset or stop between exercises. This is a five-minute round from which a one-minute break is allowed before repeating. On call of "rotate", the athletes must move to next station immediately for best score. One point is given for each rep, except on the rower where each calorie is one point."

What *I* did:

Wall-ball, 8.8 lb ball (it's the heaviest we have)
Sumo deadlift high-pull, 35 lb
Box jump, 13" (the highest I dared stack the stepbench)
Push-press, 45/35/35 lb
Row (tension set to 8)

Each station = 1 min. I did reset the clock for each one set, but only rested (for 1 min) between full rounds. Results:

WB: 40, 32, 31
DL: 21, 20, 19
BJ: 29, 31, 32 (wtf?)
PP: 15, 16, 15
Row: 10, 10, 12 cal

Just to be sure I could, I did some chin-ups: 4 consecutive (I think that's the most I've done in a row without a spot!) Just one set - I had to get home before I starved to death.

Run home: 6 km (35 min)

Mowed lawn. (Noted that this activity is the opposite movement to rowing...)

Three more chin-ups. Just to be really, really sure.

Then, sweet sweet lunch. I may never be sated...

1 comment:

Overunder said...

Bid you say 'BJ!. Wow!

Awesome workout! That's about 254,000 calories burned.